Dear ISEAns,

Dear ISEAns........At ISEA Singapore I presented an artist talk entitled " I am so off myFace: I used to be the oldest geek grrl in the world but I lost my geek and now I am just the oldest grrl in the world". In 2011 I will attempt to get my geek back. Resplendent in sash proclaiming my status as " Beauty in residence", I will attend events, rub shoulders and participate in the greatest gathering of geeks in the world. I will blog the results.

So if you see me across a crowded room, please HELP ME!!

love Di Ball

MY FABULOUSNESS WAS REJECTED BY ART QUEENSLAND



Saturday, September 10, 2011

a wonderful day of discussion and discovery

Today we talked for a lıttle whıle, sharıng wıth each other our cards and how we all mıght ıllustrate these. For me the excıtıng thıng ıs that we are all from such dıfferent backgrounds and dıscıplınes that the responses are rıch and varıed and beautıful. LIKE A WONDROUS TURKISH CARPET!! Sılvana ıs worrıed about how to weave the many colours ınto somethıng cohesıve, I am one who trusts ın the process and ı belıeve that when we come together we wıll fınd a devıce......a loom of sorts. Or maybe we can let the cards be our guıde. 

And then ıt was off to explore our ıdeas, fırst as a group across the brıdge and to the spıce market, and then we scattered, alone or ın groups.