Dear ISEAns,

Dear ISEAns........At ISEA Singapore I presented an artist talk entitled " I am so off myFace: I used to be the oldest geek grrl in the world but I lost my geek and now I am just the oldest grrl in the world". In 2011 I will attempt to get my geek back. Resplendent in sash proclaiming my status as " Beauty in residence", I will attend events, rub shoulders and participate in the greatest gathering of geeks in the world. I will blog the results.

So if you see me across a crowded room, please HELP ME!!

love Di Ball

MY FABULOUSNESS WAS REJECTED BY ART QUEENSLAND



Friday, September 9, 2011

Off to a good start

The group is very welcoming. The team (or puppetmasters as I was later to call them), were all from Naples; the participants from Istanbul, Texas, and myself and another artist from Australia. It really can be a small world.

We introduced ourselves and it is "spooky" how there are commonalities between us all so far as ideas of performance and creativity. I guess it is to be excpected in some was because of the nature of the workshop, but it boded well for the next 4 days.

The team from Naples are head puppeteer Silvana Carotenuto and some of her  PHD and Masters students.