Dear ISEAns,

Dear ISEAns........At ISEA Singapore I presented an artist talk entitled " I am so off myFace: I used to be the oldest geek grrl in the world but I lost my geek and now I am just the oldest grrl in the world". In 2011 I will attempt to get my geek back. Resplendent in sash proclaiming my status as " Beauty in residence", I will attend events, rub shoulders and participate in the greatest gathering of geeks in the world. I will blog the results.

So if you see me across a crowded room, please HELP ME!!

love Di Ball

MY FABULOUSNESS WAS REJECTED BY ART QUEENSLAND



Thursday, September 15, 2011

Lea and Latour

Lea also referred to French Sociologist Bruno Latour who posits that we  have to move away from a Modernist towards a more decentralized, ecological way of thinking and designing our world and our ways of living. We must stop thinking about our lives and environments as autonomous singularities, and instead see it as connections, processes, and hybrid ecologies.

STOP MODERNIZING...... START ECOLOGIZING!!


Again I defer to links:

http://www.e-flux.com/journal/view/217

We concluded taht portion with a quote form Ecological Urbanism: WHO IS AT THE HELP DESK FOR IMAGINING ECOLOGICAL FUTURES>