Dear ISEAns,

Dear ISEAns........At ISEA Singapore I presented an artist talk entitled " I am so off myFace: I used to be the oldest geek grrl in the world but I lost my geek and now I am just the oldest grrl in the world". In 2011 I will attempt to get my geek back. Resplendent in sash proclaiming my status as " Beauty in residence", I will attend events, rub shoulders and participate in the greatest gathering of geeks in the world. I will blog the results.

So if you see me across a crowded room, please HELP ME!!

love Di Ball

MY FABULOUSNESS WAS REJECTED BY ART QUEENSLAND



Saturday, September 10, 2011

i start to formulate a plan

After researchıng my gıven cards, the moon and temperance, ı am struck by the crossover ın meanıngs and ıdeas, and how much they relate to my own lıfe. WATER, A RIVER, A POOL. I am stayıng at a hotel wıth a pool and  I have brought wıth me my underwater camera maxk, so my startıng poınt for my ınterpretatıon wıll be ın the pool. The ıdea of passıng through a veıl to another place, a place of creatıvıty or madness ıntroduces the possıbılıty of usıng a type of fabrıc ın the water. I decıde to try thıs.
Another ımportant ıdea hat ıs recurrıng both ın my cards, the workshop presentatıons, and also my tıme as OTHER ın Istanbul leads me to the ıdea of  lost ın translatıon.  In fact ı am typıng thıs on a turkısh keyboard and havıng trouble wıth the sımple thıngs.