Dear ISEAns,

Dear ISEAns........At ISEA Singapore I presented an artist talk entitled " I am so off myFace: I used to be the oldest geek grrl in the world but I lost my geek and now I am just the oldest grrl in the world". In 2011 I will attempt to get my geek back. Resplendent in sash proclaiming my status as " Beauty in residence", I will attend events, rub shoulders and participate in the greatest gathering of geeks in the world. I will blog the results.

So if you see me across a crowded room, please HELP ME!!

love Di Ball

MY FABULOUSNESS WAS REJECTED BY ART QUEENSLAND



Friday, September 9, 2011

We are given homework

The starting point for the outcome of this project/workshop is a book by Italo Calvino entitled "The castle of crossed destinies" which is a tale of travellers, as are we all in the workshop. I Calvino's story, weary travellers find themselves in a castle in the woods, bereft of speech, so attempt to tell their story using the tarot cards found on the table. When I read it, I presumed that each traveller choce the cards which best described their own journey, the narrator their interpretation.

We had a dicussion as to whether this was the case, or if the cards were chosen randomly. For our exercise, we decided to choose randomly/ invisible.

I received TEMPERANCE and THE MOON!!

Our mission, if we chose to accept it, was to contemplate our card/image/meaning nad devise a possible visual representation.

I went back to my hotel  and swam and swam and thought and was confused nad excited. I decided I needed to get some idea of the meaning of the cards as I was worried about the idea of moderation.Over a wonderful steamed salmon followed by Bici Bici,  I asked Mr Google for his wisdom, and started to read. I am afraid I then got so excited i drank too many pina coladas and my thoughts were racing that night.