Dear ISEAns,

Dear ISEAns........At ISEA Singapore I presented an artist talk entitled " I am so off myFace: I used to be the oldest geek grrl in the world but I lost my geek and now I am just the oldest grrl in the world". In 2011 I will attempt to get my geek back. Resplendent in sash proclaiming my status as " Beauty in residence", I will attend events, rub shoulders and participate in the greatest gathering of geeks in the world. I will blog the results.

So if you see me across a crowded room, please HELP ME!!

love Di Ball

MY FABULOUSNESS WAS REJECTED BY ART QUEENSLAND



Tuesday, September 20, 2011

light and matter

Matter Light Exhibition takes place in six story Borusan Muzik Evi building in Beyoglu, Istanbul. Each level of the building introduces a different lighting installation by international artists

Curated by Richard Castelli and including works of seven contemporary artists, Matter-Light 2 opens in Borusan Music House on May 28 2011 and will last throughout the summer until 25 September 2011.
Matter-Light 2 expands on themes proposed in the first exhibition and adds a new theme titled “Matter and Light”. All the works are presented for the first time in Turkey or have been created specifically for the Borusan Music House. The themes and corresponding works in the exhibition are:
IMMERSION Kurt Henschläger HIVE • [The User] Quartet for dot matrix printer
PHYSICAL VIRTUALITY Christian Partos VISP • ART+COM Invisible Shades of Things Past
Julien Maire Exploding Camera, Memory Plane & Low Resolution Cinema, Flip-dots Mirror, Les Instantanés
MATTER AND LIGHT Jean Michel Bruyère Assistante Sociale • Li Hui Amber