Dear ISEAns,

Dear ISEAns........At ISEA Singapore I presented an artist talk entitled " I am so off myFace: I used to be the oldest geek grrl in the world but I lost my geek and now I am just the oldest grrl in the world". In 2011 I will attempt to get my geek back. Resplendent in sash proclaiming my status as " Beauty in residence", I will attend events, rub shoulders and participate in the greatest gathering of geeks in the world. I will blog the results.

So if you see me across a crowded room, please HELP ME!!

love Di Ball

MY FABULOUSNESS WAS REJECTED BY ART QUEENSLAND



Thursday, September 22, 2011

some reflections on the project

Reflecting on my time as beauty has been enjoyable, as was the time. I am in Venic e now and distance has surely made the heart grow fonder. I miss the energy of ISEA and the Biennale and so any Australians and of course, the city of Istanbul itself.

and lastly but not leastly:
Dear fellow travellers to the hamman of crossed destinies.
 A more wonderful and may i say exotic group of travellers could not have been scripted better if Calvino himself had chosen to write such a t ale. I refuse to believe we are now scattered to the four winds and will never meet again, but thanks  to the goddess of cyberspace we will always be connected.
Thank you all for inspiring me, and particularly thank you Silvana for your guidance through our journey. Also for your wonderful words to us all at the end. It is easy to see why you are the beloved professor, and I want to be the first student to sign up for your universite d'imman.
So ciao for now, and to offer one more song...."We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when, but I know we'll meet again some sunny day"

Di(va)