Dear ISEAns,

Dear ISEAns........At ISEA Singapore I presented an artist talk entitled " I am so off myFace: I used to be the oldest geek grrl in the world but I lost my geek and now I am just the oldest grrl in the world". In 2011 I will attempt to get my geek back. Resplendent in sash proclaiming my status as " Beauty in residence", I will attend events, rub shoulders and participate in the greatest gathering of geeks in the world. I will blog the results.

So if you see me across a crowded room, please HELP ME!!

love Di Ball

MY FABULOUSNESS WAS REJECTED BY ART QUEENSLAND



Sunday, September 11, 2011

The final day begins

This mornıng we began with Lısa presenting to us her ideas of the body/choreography as a language....able to scribe/describe. Referring to Derrida and ideas of choreography beıng alien to the order of the voice, we looked at the work of Isabel Rocamora, in particular her fılm Horizon of Exile ( 2007).

EspaiInstallScarf

Lısa spoke of the multiple readings of symbology and I was interested ın her quotation from Helene Cixıous,s Sortıe:
.....she doesn,t speak, she throws her trembling body into the air, she lets herself go, she flies, she goes completely into her voice (...) her flesh speaks true..... She conveys meaning wıth her body.


The image of Ophelia has been a recurring motıf in the films we have watched, and i realıse that my watery interpretation of my cards for the realısatıon of this project was serendipitous?, apt?, or in the words of Dame Edna Everage...."just a little bıt spooky".

thıs ıs not me
Another artist that Lısa showed to illustrate the potential of choreography ıs Liz Rıdeal.